Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What a night!

I was absolutely exhausted after parent/teacher conferences last night! Whew! I had 14 conferences and the majority of them were back to back from 1- 5pm. After our dinner break, I had just 3 so I was thankful of that! My eyes were glossed over from talking about all of them for 20 minutes with some going over that time period. Overall, I have a wonderful class and some of the conferences were so easy with not a lot of things to say other than the student doing great. Yay! I came home, gave baths, and got ready for bed although I couldn't sleep well. *sigh*

I called home in between a rare break between conferences to which my dad answers the phone. I was puzzled as to why Matt didn't answer the phone. The first thing that came to my mind was that Matt had to take a kid to the ER for some accident or sickness. So I ask dad, "Why are you answering my phone?" To which he responded, "Because the two sitting in my lap can't answer it." He went on to tell me that Matt's battery died 3 times on him yesterday and that Matt was buying a new battery for his old car. Dad put it in for him and now it is working fine. Phew!!! All the excitement happens when I am away!

Today, I have five conferences with one already over and just 4 more to go. They are spaced out about every hour so I can get some grading and planning accomplished!! This afternoon, I am planning on visiting my friend with Cody and Carleigh. They will have a blast at Jen's.

I am LOVING my DVR! It is so much easier to record my favorite shows with just a touch of a button...bam, the whole SERIES has been recorded! I keep telling myself, why didn't I do this sooner since it is the same price as cable??

Carleigh's costume arrived in the mail yesterday, so we have both mice costume. They are very excited to be Mickey and Minnie. Cody sleeps with a Mickey and Minnie doll and Carleigh sleeps with just a Minnie Mouse each night. I can't wait to see them dressed in their costumes!!

No comments: