Thursday, October 16, 2008

My four year old burglar

Since it was FINALLY a nice fall day where you could wear long sleeves and not pass out due to the heat, we decided to let the kids play in the backyard and neighborhood. Carleigh kept asking to play in her playhouse, so I took her out. Cody didn't want to leave his bedroom at first, but after Matt coaxed him out, he was happy.

We walked up to my sister's house and of course Carleigh just has to ring the doorbell. Connie came out for awhile and then she took her yorkie Rudy for a walk. Carleigh loved running through the leaves at our next door neighbor's house aka the owners of our house and aka my sister's inlaws. Well, they were not home and Cody is a big fan of my sister's mother-in-law. So what does Cody do?

He runs to the front of her house, opens the door to her screened porch and tries to open her front door! I was just dying of laughter! My sister was cracking up also. So we sit on their porch and I was feeling like we were burglars! Her in-laws come home and of course wonder why in the world we are sitting on their porch without them present.

Cody runs to Brenda and totally ignores Clayton who was wanting a hug. He then gestures to her front door. Brenda opens the door and Cody makes a beeline for the toyroom that they have set up for their great-grandchildren. He remembered playing there and was dying to play with those toys. He saw the SpongeBob rug, sat down and said "Hi SpongeBob!" and proceeded to kiss the rug! He is too funny!

I had to drag him out upset, but I am thinking I have a 4 year old boy who wanted to break into someone's house! Yikes! Luckily for us we know them!!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

okay, so you have the cutest/funniest kids EVER. i love that cody went and said hello to spongebob-- so cute. :)

happy friday to us!!!!

A Family Created By God said...

Thanks Rachel!! By the way, I love your blog! Your student's election talk cracked me up!!!

Toni said...

ROFL! That is sooo funny, Jen. But somehow I can't think of sweet Cody as a crime laden burglar. Kissing bandit perhaps? ;) How funny that he was actually "caught" in the act.

Brandon's new thing is to go around saying, "Moo ha ha!" He thinks he's making scary Halloween noises, lol.
Blessings,
~Toni~