Monday, October 20, 2008

So tired and getting sick

Last night, Cody cried and cried and we could not figure out what was bothering him. At 11:30pm I decided to give him some Tylenol. Matt sat in the family room with him, he finally crashed after midnight. He did have a slight cough and I think maybe he had a sore throat. I couldn't go back to sleep and slept just a few hours off and on. I woke up totally drained and was facing a long day. I had a half-day at work due to Cody's eye appointment, plus I had a college student observing me and she will be here all week. And grades need to be averaged and entered into the computer system by Wednesday at noon. No stress?

I take Cody to the eye doctor and I tell you that I would rather go to the dentist than to take him to any doctor, especially the eye doctor. First of all, you have to wait which is not Cody's strongpoint. Then, we get called back for a few minutes for the nurse to examine him and bam, we are out in the waiting room. Cody wants to run around and I try to be very creative and get a magazine. It distracted him for about 5 minutes. Cody's eyes are still crossing so depending on his next eye exam in December, we may have to start patching his eyes again. ARGH! He hardly keeps his glasses and I highly doubt that the patch will stay on for a half-second.

Oh, did I tell you that we lost his glasses? We thought he left them at school on Thursday which was Picture Day. I write a note to the teacher and the PM bus driver looks in her bus and finds them! Cody had neatly folded them and placed them into the seat. The little stinker!! So now, the bus driver will take his glasses off and put them into a pouch in his backpack for safe keeping.

Now, back to grading! *yawn*

2 comments:

Toni said...

Oh my! It does sound like a long, long day. And I can only imagine how hard it would be to get a child to keep glasses (let alone the patch) on. Another blogger mom recently talked of having to replace her 3yo dd's glasses like 3times in the first WEEK. Oy vey!
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Yes, glasses are exhausting!! He wears them for half of a day and then throws them. I am so glad the bus driver found them. I absolutely dread patching so I hope the doctor doesn't recommend it soon!