Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Mentally Draining Dinner

Let me give you background before I tell you the story. I like to give lots of details so if I sound to wordy, just skim the lines. Okay here goes: Tomorrow is Picture Day for Cody and Carleigh. Wanting their portraits to be perfect, I decided they needed a haircut. Cody received his regular hair cut. Carleigh just had her bangs trimmed. They did really well at Great Clips. We decide, hey, since everything is going well, let's just eat at Skyline next door where kids eat for free on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

After we arrive, Carleigh goes into monster mode! The little bowl of crackers that the waittress gave her becomes a mess on the table and floor. She decided to dump it and just play around. Cody takes her cue and does the same thing. They are not satisfied to just dump their bowls, then they moved on to ours. Our table was so small that we were playing dodgeball with their hands and our plates.

The food arrives and Carleigh decides that the shredded cheese should be dumped on the table, chair and floor! Cody started swiping things and Matt had to quickly save his drink many times. I am just so frustrated as she hasn't been this BAD in quite awhile. so we quickly eat and try to get out without another disaster. I cleaned the table and attempted to clean up the floor. I would be totally embarrassed to leave a mess behind for the waittress to clean up that MY child made. Matt and I were mentally exhausted by the time we arrived home and then had to get them ready for church tonight.

I really think the bad behavior partly was due to her not taking a nap for my mom. They tend to fall asleep on the bus since they are on it for almost an hour (ARGH!) and then when they come home, they refuse to take a nap for my pushover mom. *sigh* I just hope they were not awful for their teachers at church!

I will not be going back to that restaurant or any restaurant for quite awhile!

2 comments:

Toni said...

Just got caught up on your blog, which I always enjoy. Good job on the PT conferences. And love the firefigther photo (my, how they resemble one another in that photo).

Would say more but (you'll "love" this, uh hem) brandon threw up in the van on Monday and has slowly recouped from a virus since then. Well tonight around 10pm, Olivia comes downstairs to tell me she's nauseated and throws up 5 seconds later. She's thrown up 2 more times since then. But wait, that's not all. Act now and you'll also get two first graders puking to the beat. Yep, Cierah calls for us. I go in and there's puke all over her, her bed, the floor...you get the picture. And Carl gets a hunch to check on Reece because with his CP and sensory disorder, he's been known to throw up, roll over and go back to sleep. BINGO! That's just what he had done.

Please pray for me. I fear I'm going to drop like a fly.
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Oh my Toni! And to think I had a rough night....your night takes the cake!