Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Picky Eaters and Worms!

You are probably wondering about the worms? Am I right? Well, one of our families organized a Science presentation for my second grade class. It is called "Mad Science" where a scientist comes and brings lots of fun and exciting hands-on science experiments on a specific topic. The units we study this quarter are plants, animals, and habitats. We decided on "Worms."

I learned so much about worms and no doubt my students went home and told their parents that they touched and played with worms today. Did you know that a worm has 5 hearts? I never knew that! They each had an earthworm on a paper plate and conducted experiments with the worms. Many wanted to bring their slimy friends home, but we released them behind the dumpsters. My room mom made pudding dirt cups with gummy worms to complete our afternoon.

Cody and Carleigh are entering that picky eater stage. It's mostly Carleigh. Her newest dinner phrase is "I don't want it!" They cannot eat well for all 3 meals. If they have a good lunch, then dinner will be less and vice versa. I am trying to add more veggies and Cody really liked steamed green beans tonight.

I re-arranged their bedroom while they were at church this evening. I had to stay home and finish a mistake on the report cards and so I had a few minutes. So, I cleaned the room and moved the beds around. It really gives them a LOT of play space!! Woohoo!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

we teachers LOVE space!!!

A Family Created By God said...

Yes!!!

Toni said...

Our homeschool group brought in Mad Science as well. My kids LOVED it. And no, I didn't know worms had 5 hearts either. WOW, pretty amazing fact.
blessings,
~Toni~