Sunday, October 12, 2008

And we have satellite!

Although, we had to waste...umm I mean wait all day for Directv to arrive, it was well worth the wait! We have so many channels that we haven't looked through all of them yet! We found PBS Spout and the kids LOVED watching Thomas the Train at night and also watched the "Good Night" program which was really calming for them. We found 4 Nickelodeon channels, 3 Disney channels as well as Disney Toons. And I think my favorite is the DVR! Woohoo! It is so easy to record a series or a single show. I am taping one of my favorite reality shows tonight while we go out to dinner with my mom.

Today, I went to the Sauerkraut Festival in Waynesville. It was extremely warm in the upper 80s! Ugh! We are not supposed to get this kind of weather in October! The sun was beating down and I know that my face was burned when we got back to the van. My sister, mom, niece, niece's boyfriend's mom, and I rode in my van and friends Sherry and Christina rode separately. If you love sauerkraut, you would be in hog heaven! There was sauerkraut everything: pizza, brownies, pie, cabbage rolls, dawgs, chili, etc. And yes they had sauerkraut in the pie....ick! I do not like it but I go for the other food. I found a pumpkin roll that was really yummy.

Tomorrow and Tuesday, I have parent/teacher conferences which can be stressful. Who likes to talk about the negatives? I try to start it out with lots of positives and then work in to the things that their child needs to work on. I have 14 conferences tomorrow and 5 on Tuesday. Tomorrow will be really stressful from 1-5pm because I have them back to back without any breaks. Then I have a dinner break and have more conferences until 8pm. The nice thing about is that I do not have to be at work until 1pm. And then on Tuesday, I have to work from 8 - noon. Then, I will be visiting my good friend Jen and meet her three new additions to her family.

Well, off to laundry!

No comments: