Thursday, October 30, 2008

Unexpected Day Off

We got a call around 5:15am. At first I thought, oh boy, did we lose power at the school?!! Then I woke up and realized it was my mom calling. She was sick and could not babysit the kids. So, Matt stayed home. I will be taking off tomorrow so that will give my mom 4 days to recuperate. I sort of wanted tomorrow off but knew that it would be a crazy day to take off with a special event at the end of the day (too hard to explain). And now I got my wish! Of course, right now while I am eating lunch, I am getting sub plans ready and papers ready so that everything will be laid out for the sub. Honestly, I would rather come to work sick because I have to do MORE work in preparation for being out. I don't have a job that can sit and wait until I feel better. No, I have to give page and page explanations of what to do , how to do and when to do it. *sigh* Oh the joys of teaching!

3 comments:

Toni said...

That's so true about your job, Jen. Others can just call in, but you can't. Does the school take care of calling in the sub?

Hope your mom is feeling better quickly. Some serious early germs are circulating out there. Brandon STILL has a cruddy nose.
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Yes, the school calls the sub and I found out rather quickly which sub I would be having so that was nice. I had to write 4 pages of sub plans. Hopefully things run smoothly tomorrow!

Toni said...

Ugh! 4 pages. Well, do try enjoy your day off as much as possible.
Blessings,
~Toni~