Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Last two days...

Tuesday afternoon, I went to my doctor. He wasn't concerned about the coughing (it is getting better) rather he was concerned about my blood pressure....160/82 Is that a fright or what?!! The top is WAY too high for someone my age. Sadly high blood pressure runs rampant in my immediate family and my parents and sister and I are all on blood pressure meds. This explains my "weird episodes" and why I have been having more headaches. He changed my meds and now my dad and I are on the same prescription! Strange!! He did give me a special card to use which makes my meds only cost $20 a month. Yay! Three meds a month can do a number on the budget and Matt is a diabetic which means he has 3-4 meds a month as well.

Today I went to Sunrock Farm with my class and although it was a bit chilly at first, it was sunny and warmed up to be a BEAUTIFUL day! I wish I could have taken Cody and Carleigh because they would've had a blast. We may have to go there sometime on a weekend.

Tonight, after taking care of a few things, I gutted 5 medium/large pumpkins. Tomorrow night, we will be carving the faces. Gutting a pumpkin is the least favorite part of the job. I did try a few things differently and my hands didn't get as yucky as usual. I will take pics of the pumpkins when they are lit. Cody and Carleigh have a Fall party in their preschool classes tomorrow and I am sure they will have a blast! They will be wearing their orange shirts and Snoopy & Pumpkin socks for the occassion. (They love decorated socks!)

The next post will probably be pics of the cutest rodents on the planet!!

2 comments:

Toni said...

So glad the blood pressure is being treated, Jen. We take flaxseed and it is known to have a positive effect on elevated blood pressure, among several other terrific benefits (high in Omega-3). If your doc would okay the safety of using it along with your medication, it might be worth a try. We consume 2 TBSP/day (ground flaxseed, not whole seeds) in yogurt, on salads or pasta, etc.

Can't wait to see photos of the kids in their Halloween garb. How exciting those youthful days are.
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Thanks for the Flax seed tip. I have heard of flax seed used in other purposes. I will have to check it out.