Saturday, June 28, 2008

Yard Sale Lowdown

It has been a LONG day! I forced myself to wake up at 6am. The yard sale began at 9am and ended at 4pm although we closed a few minutes early due to the impending storm. It downpoured for about 5 minutes and drizzled a couple of other times, but then the sun came out and it became really HOT! At first, it was REALLY slow. Then I came up with a brilliant idea to have 2-3 people stand at the top of our dead-end street where there is an intersection of 3 roads and hold up bright neon pink, orange, yellow and green signs. My nephews helped and pointed and various family members took turns and it REALLY brought in the customers! I sold both toddler beds, walker/bouncer, jumperoo, bassinette, and lots of other items. We decided to have the yard sale next Saturday at Matt's sister's house. Then whatever is left will be donated to charity. The stuff is not coming back to my house!! I sold $145.00 which was great! Hopefully I will sell another $100 next week at Michelle's. All the money is going toward our expenses for our Holiday World trip in a week.

Now, I am tired, sunburned, and counting the hours down until bedtime!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Great job on the yard sale, Jen.
Blessings,
~Toni~