Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Trip to Urgent Care

Ok, let me tell you what has been going on with Cody. He vomitted in his sleep sometime Friday night or early Saturday morning. He had no fever and seemed perfectly fine. Then he vomitted again Saturday afternoon after being in the sun and heat. He hasn't gotten sick until today. Well, he hasn't had his regular appetite since and has been laying around with less energy which is suspicious for Cody. My mommy intuition has been up though. Well, I heard his stomach ROARING and luckily I got him to an old blanket before he spewed everywhere. Ick! It was so rank (sorry if you are eating while reading this, you should stop until afterwards!) and he had not digested anything from breakfast or lunch. (Too much info probably!)

Well, after cleaning him up, Matt took him to Children's while I kept Carleigh busy with a movie and dancing. They had a 2 hour wait and then they had to hold him down for x-rays. They found stool backed up in a ton of areas. He has been ordered to take Miralax for at least 30 days and he has to go to his pediatrician this Friday. My poor little guy! We do know that Miralax starts working quickly so I will probably be very busy tomorrow with diaper changes. Don't matter to me as long as it helps him and the pain and vomitting goes away!

Needless to stay my evening plans didn't happen and will be pushed until tomorrow evening. Nothing matters more than my Codeman! Please keep him in your prayers.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Praying right now, Jen. Poor Cody. I hope the MiraLAX starts working right away and that he's feeling MUCH better very soon.
Blessings,
~Toni~
p.s. if we lived closer, we'd take Carleigh for you. Our kids would LOVE a playmate to drop in.

A Family Created By God said...

Thanks Toni! I wish we lived closer!! My two would LOVE hanging out with your 4!! Cody is doing ok today but we are still waiting for the meds to do its job!