Sunday, June 01, 2008

One more day to go!

Tomorrow is my last official day of school! The nice thing is that we do not need to be there until noon. Yay! So, after putting Cody and Carleigh on the bus for preschool, I have to get fingerprinted and have a FBI background/criminal check to renew my five year teacher's license. This became a new rule for teacher certification as several teachers have had deviant backgrounds. Then on top of this, I will have to pay $200 for my 5 year license! Whoa! It jumped from $60 to $200! This is insane since we teachers (especially private school teachers) do not make the big bucks!! You betcha I am waiting until the end of June to send my check and paperwork in!!

On Tuesday, Cody's class is having an awards ceremony for the future Kindergarteners and for the "shining stars" who will stay in preschool next year. I am excited to be able to go. Then, summer officially begins for my two! We have alot of fun things planned for the summer and I know they will have a blast!

No comments: