Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Odds and Ends

We survived Day 1 of VBS! VBS is a new venture for Cody and Carleigh. They did well during class time, but the opening and closing assemblies were challenging as they do not like to sit down for more than 5 minutes at a time. All the children received flashlights, with a bike license plate that had the first night's Bible verse. Very cool!

Cody and Carleigh now love to eat raw baby carrots with veggie dip (Cody eats them without the dip which is healthier). For lunch, Cody pushed away the chicken so that he could get to the carrots! They also prefer sliced apples and cantaloupe as well as bananas and watermelon. I am trying to cut alot of sugar out of their diet due to the hyperactivity that follows.

I am really enjoying my summer break and could get used to this lifestyle rather quickly. I know that August will get here faster than I can blink an eye, but I am trying to slow down the time as much as possible.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Great job on the healthy snack choices. My kids aren't big on carrots, but do like ants on a log. Stop by my blog for a really great "Fruit Chewie" recipe. It's a wonderful substitute for cookies and all four of mine love it.
We're EXHAUSTED by VBS, btw. We have the 3-5 yo's and it's WILD.
Blessings,
~Toni~