Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Speech Skills

Cody is making wonderful progress in speech skills! Over the past week, he began to echo what someone is telling him. For example, yesterday, I told him that we will watch the movie later. He then replied back by saying, "movie later." I think he has realized that he can say words and likes to hear his voice. I also think Carleigh has really helped him. Her speech is outstanding and I have heard Cody repeat alot of what Carleigh has said. Lately, he has been saying "What're ya doing?" and "There you go!" He is also telling us when he wants something rather than grunting, pointing or crying. He just laughs and smiles when we give it to him (mostly food, drink, piano or Mickey).

2 comments:

Toni said...

What a precious post. I love that little Carleigh is such an important little person to her brother. Those two were so meant to be together. And they're so blessed to have your love and nurturing too. As a mother who deals with some special needs as well, I'm cheering with you in every wonderful accomplishment Cody makes. GO, CODY, GO!!!
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Thank you Toni! We are truly blessed by them in every way. I do thank the Lord that they have each other!