Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Crazy busy Times

I have been one busy lady these days! We are having a yard sale on Saturday with several family members and I have been cleaning out and pitching junk and saving the rest for the yard sale. My bedroom is almost completely filled with stuff to put in the yard sale. Last night while Carleigh spent the night with my parents, Cody and I went through the toys in his bedroom and filled two large rubbermaid tubs that will go into the sale. I also cleaned his room thoroughly as well as Carleigh's. I have one more wooden toy box to go through and our living room closet. I predict filling at least 3 more tubs.

Its a great feeling getting rid of almost everything that I have stored! I haven't used the stuff for over 4 years and I really do not need it. This will help us when we plan to move next year. We may have another yard sale on the following Saturday (July 5th) and then the rest will be donated to charity.

Carleigh had fun spending the night with my parents. She was able to watch the Noggin channel and loved it (we don't get it because we have basic cable). She also loved having mamaw and pappaw to herself! Of course, Cody LOVED being the center of attention here. It was nice just having one, so much easier for sure! However, we did miss our blonde haired, blue eyed diva!!

I plan on supercleaning the screen porch, putting more toys to the yard sale mountain, and cleaning out the last closet this evening.

Carleigh funny: Yesterday, she was holding her baby and walked over to me and said, "This is mine, not yours!" (Sidenote: I put together her doll playyard/cradle and she was putting the baby in it when she said this to me) And then she sang the ENTIRE ABC song to me twice. (I am hoping to get this on video and post it here sometime.)

No comments: