Friday, June 06, 2008

Ten Years Ago today....




I married my best friend. On June 6, 1998, Matt and I were married. I still cannot believe it has been 10 years! I have been looking over our wedding album and think, wow! My niece Brittany was in my wedding and she was 8 years old, now she is graduating from high school and is 18 years old. Amazing! To celebrate our 10 years together, we are taking a weekend trip without children for the very first time! We will be leaving Friday, June 13th and will arrive back Sunday afternoon of June 15th. We are staying in a really cute Inn at Brown County, Indiana. We plan on taking hikes in their beautiful state park, shopping at hundreds of shops, and eating out.

When I look back on the 10 years, I just cannot believe all the things that we have accomplished and struggled through. I graduated from Miami University after our first anniversary, I started teaching, we struggled through infertility and were childless for the first 5.5 years of our marriage, I received my Master's Degree in 2003, Matt was diagnosed with Diabetes, we began the journey of foster parenting, experiencing an adoption loss, being placed with our two blessings, becoming parents to special needs children, Matt was staying at home with our children for awhile, finalizing our children's adoptions, and Matt changing careers. Wow! All of that and much more in just 10 years. I can't imagine what will happen in the next ten years, but all the pain and heartache we experienced has dissolved away when we look at our two children. We know that the Lord is with us and will continue to be with us through anything we face.

Pictures: Click on them to see the photos larger! The first pic is Matt and I. The second pic is our wedding party group pic (notice my cute niece Britt) and the last pic is my mom and I.

3 comments:

andrea said...

happy anniversary! sweet friend!

i love the updates on the blog!

great pics!!

we so need to get together!

A Family Created By God said...

Thanks Andrea!! Yes, after VBS next week, I am itching to get together!!

Toni said...

Jen,
You look sooo beautiful! And I really like your bridesmaid dresses. They're timeless.
Blessings,
~toni~