Friday, July 31, 2009

4 going on 14



The kids and I went to breakfast with my mom and then off for shoe shopping. Kohl's did not have their sizes which was frustrating because I had a wonderful coupon for big savings. Grrr! Off to the next shoe place and they did have the right sized but with a hefty price. They were having a buy one, get one half price which helped. Cody got the Sketchers with headlights and they are race car shoes. Really cool!

While looking for light-up shoes for Carleigh, she finds silver flip flops with heels. She puts them on and walks around the store. I couldn't find the light-up shoes in her size, but I found the cracker jack style which was really cute and at a decent price. Her shoes became half-off and I got them for less than $20! When I told her that we were not getting flip flops, she threw a fit of course.

We walk up to the checkout and while I am paying for them, she goes BACK to where they were and also picks up another pair and brings them to me. After paying, we walk back and put them back. She cries again and I saw the price tag which was $20 and that was on CLEARANCE! No way would I buy flip flops for $20!! I don't even buy sandals for myself for that price!! *sigh*

Methinks I have a teenager on my hands too early!!

2 comments:

Jen Stevens said...

ask me one day about Avery $45 flip flops. I had to buy them the poor thing nearly shoplifted them cuz she wouldn't take them off.
I what of you speak

A Family Created By God said...

Oh my! Yeah, at least I caught her or she would have tried that stunt also! What is it with flip flops??!!