Wednesday, July 15, 2009

All About Cody




This post is devoted to my sweet, extra-loving little boy. (The photos above were given to us at the end of the year by his preschool teacher. Enjoy!)

Cody is my little angel. I call him angel all the time because most of the time, he is sweet, loving and well innocent! When you meet Cody face-to-face, you will first notice his amazing smile and then you will get the biggest hug and lots of kisses you will ever have in your life! Seriously, he is THE love bug!

Just this morning, he was watching his favorite show on tv, standing next to his little sister and hugging her WHILE watching tv. One of these days I will capture it on film! He usually runs up to her and says "Hi, CARL -LEIGH!" The way he says his sister's name is just too cute. He loves to hug and kiss her to no avail. That is just the way my little guy is.

His favorite show of all time is "SpongeBob" (much to my dismay). If he is upset, all I need to do it turn it on one of our numerous Nick channels or pop in a dvd and viola...we have a happy boy again! He also loves to watch "Yo Gabba Gabba" and "Dora and Diego." You will not find him more than 15 feet away from his beloved piano...the only toy he TRULY loves. He LOVES LOVES LOVES to take rides on 4 wheelers or dune buggies and you literally have to pull him off of it.

He loves to chime in with songs or phrases from his favorite shows. The cutest thing he does is that he will hold his hands up in the air and asks "Where did _______ go?" and his cute little face looks perplexed.

He understands more than you think and he will just amaze me when I ask him about something and he knows EXACTLY what I mean.

We are at the beginning levels of potty training (now that Carleigh has it mastered) and boy we hope this isn't painful. I think he really wants to wear big boy briefs and would love to get this mastered before Kindergarten begins in August.

I just KNOW that God has such a special plan for this special boy. He has such a tender spirit and everyone who comes into contact with him gets wrapped into his charm. (I wish I had that charisma!)

I think my mommy's heart bursts every time he says "Hi Mummy!" (no we're not British) and then hugs/kisses me.

I know I have been BLESSED to haven been chosen to be his mommy.

2 comments:

Toni said...

What beautiful words. And that last photo is soooo precious. Any little boy that gives lots of love and hugs is, in my book, the BEST!
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Thanks Toni!! He is such a blessing in our lives!!