Monday, July 27, 2009

Working in my classroom

This evening, I started the Back to School work in my classroom. Before I checkout for the summer, I have to batten down the hatches due to a summer day camp using my classroom for one week in June. (Things can get stolen and damaged and has happened in the past!)

Because of this, I literally have to put my classroom back together again in late July, early August each year. Tonight was the first night and I am actually starting later than I usually do. From here on out, I will work in my classroom 2-3 evenings a week when Matt is home and I am child-free. I was looking forward to working in my classroom after the two stress-filled days I have had! Going to work actually would be more pleasant that what I was dealing with.

I cleaned out and organized 2 out of 4 of my desk drawers which were a total disaster! Now I need to clean and organize the bottom drawers and I will feel better!! I also got out my "Back to School" decorations and other things as well.

The only bad thing is that I am by myself and it can get really "creepy!" I always park the van near the side entrance and dart out to the van! I plan on going tomorrow night and Matt may go with me and let the kids play on the playground. He can also help me haul out some trash to the dumpster, plus I will feel a little safer.

Cody had a pediatrician appointment today and things are going well with his meds. He had to get 2 shots which didn't make him happy. Poor guy! The first shot took him by surprise and he didn't even flinch. The second shot made him angry and he clapped his hands and started to cry. From that moment on, he wanted out of that place and went to the door demanding to leave!! Cody definitely knows what he wants!!

2 comments:

Toni said...

My kids are in swimming lessons right now at the local middle school. We have peeked in the 5th grade classroom a few times because it's right by the pool and Olivia will be in 5th grade this year so she likes to see what is displayed in the room. Today we found the teacher hard at work prepping his classroom for the coming year. It's that time again, yes? I ordered all my homeschool materials last week and the main shipment came in 2 days (muy impressed). Everything as arrived except Reece and Cierah's spelling workbooks, but they're on the way.
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Isn't there something exciting about new curriculum? We have new English curriculum (newer version)and I am excited to crack open the books. And I love the new workbook smell!! LOL! Typical teacher!!