Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A trip to the Dentist

I am embarrassed to admit that Cody and Carleigh haven't visited the dentist before today, but there is quite a story behind it all. Well, most dentists do not take the kids' insurance AND/OR does not take new patients. I was in tears this summer trying to find a place (that was not extremely too far) that would take them. I finally found a place in Mason, actually Children's Hospital branch at Mason was accepting new patients and got us in the next day!

I decided it would be in my best interest to take my mom to help me manage aka corral the two. It was the best thing since I had a lot of paperwork to fill out. Cody instantly found the wire beads and spinning toys. This kept him quite busy until they called us back. Cody then became angry that he had to leave the toys, thus throwing himself into a bad mood.

Well, since it was his first visit and he was not cooperative at first, the dentist just looked at his teeth and did not clean them. The dentist said he has VERY healthy teeth and to keep up the good work with brushing!

My mom was with Carleigh and she didn't want to get in the chair at first, then the hygienist (spelling?) talked to her calmly and up she went. She let her clean her teeth and did a great job! My mom then took Cody out and I stayed with Carleigh while they gave her a fluoride treatment and the dentist came in and looked over her teeth. No cavities!! Yay! She did such a great job! They do not have to come back for another 6 months. Yay! Whew! So glad that it is over!!

Now, no more appointments until next Monday! Yay!!

No comments: