Sunday, July 12, 2009

In about a month....

In about a month....Cody will be gearing up for Kindergarten.

In about a month....I will begin a new school year with a new class of second graders.

In about a month....Carleigh will begin her last year of preschool with a new/old teacher that Cody had last year.

In about a month....long hours and stress will begin again.

In about a month....our lazy summer days will be over.



When I saw Walmart had their school stuff out, I gave a big sigh and then resolved to the fact that my summer is half-way over. I love my job and know that the Lord called me to teach. I love the anticipation of a new class with new possibilities and shiny faces, however, I love the non structured, lazy summer days.

This week, I need to get my "teacher" mind on and get some work finished like getting my ACSI certification renewed with lots of paperwork , plus order a few things that I will need for my classroom and let's not forget SCHOOL SHOPPING for 3 people: Cody, Carleigh and I! Cody and Carleigh need new shoes (Can you believe Carleigh wore ONE pair of sneakers ALL YEAR without damaging them?), school supplies, some clothes, and I need some teacher clothes.

No comments: