Sunday, July 05, 2009

Little Sable Lighthouse




On our last full day in Michigan, Matt, the kids and I went to visit Little Sable Lighthouse. We hiked up a STEEP hill (then found out that there was an easier way to get there! LOL!) and beheld the beauty of the lighthouse. Matt and Cody played at the beach while Carleigh and I took the LONG, LONG hike up to the very TOP of the lighthouse. There were over 100 steps and we were about 95 feet up in the air. The stairs were spiral, open and very steep. Not a good combination for a 4 year old wearing flip flops! She almost lost her flip flops twice, but she climbed up the stairs and down without any help! (Of course I was nervous though!) It was a wonderful aerobic workout and I had the SWEAT coming off of me when we got to the top! One of the pics, Cody and Matt were tiny ants as we were looking down from the lighthouse tower!

No comments: