Sunday, August 02, 2009

Summer Cookout


There is nothing better than a summer cookout! Yum! Today I am having my parents over in appreciation for fixing our second car. Praise the Lord my dad could fix it! (About a week ago it was highly questionable.)

We are having Black Angus burgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, baked beans, sliced cucumbers, with tomatoes and onions for the burgers. Yum! I bought or received the veggies from either a farmer's market or a friend who grows them in the garden. I just love fresh veggies! I wish we could have all homegrown veggies all year around. My kids LOVE corn on the cob and cucumbers. Cody absolutely LOVES tomatoes so I will be thrilling him this evening!

1 comment:

Toni said...

I am with you on the fresh veggies. I could eat them year 'round as well. I'm so sad in the dead of winter when so little is available (and most of it is tasteless.) Glad your dad could fix the car.
Blessings,
~Toni~