Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summer Flew By!

Tomorrow morning, I take Cody and Carleigh to visit their classrooms. They will have the same teacher as last year, but we have an appointment to answer questions, bring in a spare outfit for accidents, etc. I cannot wait to see their expressions when they see their classrooms again! I plan on taking a few pics of each with their teacher.

When I am out of the classroom, it is more work for me. I have to prepare lesson plans and try to be very specific and more detailed as well as have all the papers and materials ready. I am so glad that I will be out for only a half-day which means less preparation for me to do!

The week has been going very well. This group is chatty, but overall a good group. They get my humor and are excited about learning. We are conducting a science experiment for a week and they are just so excited about finding out what will happen with the leaves that are covered with aluminium foil. And...we are growing an herb garden since we are doing a unit on plants.

We are all looking forward to a 3 day weekend to rest, unwind, and recharge!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Herb garden. Great idea (as in, "I need a little oregano for my spaghetti sauce!" LOL!)

How does it work when you need to take a partial day off? Do they call in a substitute? (obviously they do, but I'm wondering if it's a different procedure for half days, etc.)

I bet the prep for someone to fill in is a bit tedious. When I've needed my parents to watch the kids a few times, I've passed on having my mom "do school" with the kids for that very reason. It's just easier for me to make the day up on our day off than to prepare her for completing lessons with the kids (not the same as a sub for sure, but I can relate to what you're saying).
Blessings,
~Toni~