Thursday, August 21, 2008

The latest

Yesterday, Carleigh threw a Hot Wheels car at Cody and it hit him in the forehead and left a nasty bruise and a small cut. We have been frustrated with her behavior toward him. She will also get mad about not getting her way with me or for Memaw and then she lets out her anger on Cody. Today, my mom told her no about something so she went over to Cody and slapped him in the face. Grrrrrr!! That is behavior I will not tolerate! Poor Cody is the whipping boy! I am hoping this is a stage that will soon pass!

Today, the kids received their letters from their teachers. It also had the time and date in which we meet the teachers and have a personal interview with each teacher. Of course, it has to be during the day, but I am VERY thankful that the preschool teachers collaborated and put our times back to back and that I would only need to take a few hours off work and not have to waste one whole personal day. Thursday, August 28th at 8 and 8:30am is their conference times. I plan on going this year and bringing mom as it will be challenging to keep an eye on both while trying to answer questions from the teacher. We are very happy that Cody and Carleigh will have the same teacher they had last year....consistency and familarity is a good thing! They are so excited about school and CANNOT wait for it to begin again. I think one of the best things is the bus ride to school!! Every time that Carleigh sees us bus, she cries "School!!" They will be so excited when they see their teachers next week!

I had another good day. My students are testing me, but seeing that I mean what I say and have settled into a good routine. However, I am looking forward to the weekend so I can get caught up on much needed sleep and rest!!

No comments: