Monday, August 25, 2008

Bizarre Weather

We definitely have weird weather in Ohio!! At lunch while talking to some fellow teachers who live in Cincinnati, they told me that they didn't get a drop of rain! And we got 6 inches of rain in less than a few hours! WEIRD! Our electricity didn't come back on until 9pm!!

Murphy's Law can be applied here: the electricity came on the split second AFTER we had the kids bathed and dressed for bed!! ARGH!!! However, I am not complaining because it was getting stuffy in the house and I really needed light to do my lesson plans last night.

Cody and Carleigh were singing "Happy Birthday" again after seeing the candles lit. Carleigh kept telling Matt to turn the lights on so she could go potty. She doesn't get that Matt just can't magically make the electricity come back on...which was the reason for candles! Such a silly girl!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Just got caught up on your blog, Jen. The storms, oh my! We haven't had any recent storms. And your classroom looks great! I like how you have the seats arranged. I was cracking up at everyone talking out of turn. I get that in homeschool as well, lol. I start on Thursday. It's an abrupt start due to a change in Carl's work schedule. I'm not excited about his new schedule, but I'll have to deal with it. So, we start on the 28th of Aug instead of the 2nd of September as I had originally planned. Yikes!

Just set those boundaries firm with Miss Carleigh hitting Cody, and make her consequence crystal clear. She'll discover how NOT fun it is to hit her brother after a few rounds of follow through. Cierah has done this (and occasionally still does) and we are very firm with her in addressing it. She also is our liar, and that too has been a big challenge. Sigh.

Have a great week!
Blessings,
~Toni~