Monday, August 11, 2008

Cody's Latest Fave

We don't watch Nickelodeon much other than Dora and Diego, however, one day when Cody was being very moody, I left the tv on while playing with Carleigh on the porch. Cody stopped fussing and was glued to "Spongebob Squarepants." That cartoon is obnoxious and I really don't like them watching it, but Cody absolutely loves it! He really doesn't understand alot that is going on, I think he just likes the voices and the characters. Now, whenever we are out, if he sees any of the Spongebob characters, he gets excites and shouts out Spongebob. Even Carleigh gets glued. I guess this is one of their guilty pleasures and one of my pet peeves! He also can chime into singing with the song...so hopefully he is gaining speech by watching it...gotta come up with something to make it educational and worthwhile.

We have been watching the Olympics as I am a BIG women's gymnastics fan and is planning on putting Carleigh into gymnastics once she is fully potty trained. Carleigh and Cody were engrossed with the gymnastics and swimming competitions. Carleigh kept saying "Swim! Swim!" as the swimmers raced toward the finish line. Matt likes track and field so I imagine what Cody and Carleigh will say when they see the runners running! They also enjoyed the opening ceremony that had lots of fireworks and flashing lights. It was so cute to see them applaud it when certain pieces ended. They are so cute!

2 comments:

Toni said...

We hated Spongebob initially as well. I had a hard time getting past, "But,...it doesn't teach anything." Well, at least not anything I wanted them to learn. But you know, it's hugely popular with kids in spite of parental disgust, lol. So yes, our kids watch as well. I just make sure it's outweighed with other, more meaty programs.

And I love the gymnastics as well, having competed in elementary and junior high. Loved it then. Love it now. Poor Sacramone. I felt sooo terrible for her. Bridget Sloan lives 20 minutes from here and Sam Peszek lives on the northeast side, about 30 minutes from here. And Jana Bieger (alternate) is homeschooled so my interest was extra peaked this Olympics.
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Isn't that cool that so many of them live so close to you?!! How cool!! I have been staying up late to watch it and therefore becoming a zombie the next day. But I love it and would like to get Carleigh into it but not at the competitive level!!