Tuesday, August 05, 2008

It's getting closer....

Yes, it's that time again...Back to School! My school starts in 2 weeks from today. Yup, that means August 19th! I have started to work in my classroom. Last evening, the kids and I hung out in the room while I cleaned out my old desk. My old one has followed me for 8 years and was really beat up when I got it. The summer daycamp pushed my old desk and broke the leg off. Normally that would make me upset, but I was happy to get my new one. It is really nice and better looking for sure!! Carleigh loves getting drinks at my school drinking fountain. Cody loves running in the school gym. I plan on going back to school this evening and Matt may bring the kids along and let them play in the big gym or outside on the playground, depending on the weather.

Yesterday, Cody's lip was REALLY swollen from his injury at church on Sunday. I took a pic and may post it if it shows how swollen it was. It is less swollen today. My friend graciously offered to watch Cody and Carleigh this morning while I met my new to second grade co-teacher to show her curriculum and other things. She said that the kids had a great time. I was a bit worried as Carleigh has been going through this Mommy stage. She doesn't want me to leave and wants me to put her down for her nap and bedtime. She should be fine for my mom when she starts to babysit again because that is "Memaw!"

Cody has been talking up a storm lately. Yesterday, he handed me his plate and said, "All done!" He then grabbed his belt in his booster chair and said "Out!" I asked him a question last week and he answered in a 2 word sentence! Woohooo! I think his teachers will be blown away by all the talking!

No comments: