Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bad Storm

Around 6pm, we had a REALLY bad thunderstorm here. The rains started and then we had SERIOUS winds! Our tornado sirens started going off so we watched the windows in case we needed to head to our bathroom for cover. The wind and rain looked like a hurricane! We had over 3 inches of rain on our driveway in a matter of minutes! The winds were horizontal and took 2 large branches off of our tree in the front and our neighbor's across the street. We have branches and leaved everywhere.

Of course we lost our electricity and still do not have it. My laptop came in handy to check for weather updates. I had been cooking a casserole in the oven when the power went off but it needed just a few more minutes to cook and we left it in the stove and it finished cooking. We ate dinner by candlelight and felt like pioneers. Then another storm hit and still no electricity. Giving baths by candelight was challenging and I hope I got all the soap out of their hair!

We haven't had a strong storm like this for YEARS! Whoa! I hope our electric comes on soon or I will be finishing lesson plans by candlelight And another storm is hitting again as I type this. Eeeek!!!

No comments: