Sunday, August 10, 2008

Enjoying the last few days of freedom!

I know I say this every year, but this summer went by incredibly fast and I think it went faster than the year before! Whoa! We were busy this summer with several weekend trips and lots of playdates with friends.

Sadly, Wednesday is my last day off work. *sob* I have really enjoyed this summer! It has been very relaxing and eye-opening! It was great watching my children mature this summer as well as teaching them new skills such as potty training for Carleigh and life lessons for Cody.

Yesterday, Matt and I took Cody and Carleigh to a park and they really wasn't in the mood for playing, so we ate our lunch and headed home. I guess they were tired of playground equipment and were more interested in other things. After naptime, we went over to my mom and dad's and of course they wanted to get into anything and everything. They think Papaw and Memaw's house is a playhouse where they can run and squeal and get lots of food!

I am happy to post that Carleigh did not cry for me today at church! Woohoo! One of my students from a couple of years ago goes to my church and his parents volunteer in the toddler room. Cody and Carleigh love it when it is their turn. Today, they reported how a big helper Carleigh is and how she notices detail. Cody of course enjoyed piggyback rides the best!

Monday and Tuesday will be spent enjoying my kiddos while in the evenings I plan on working in my classroom. Wednesday morning my mom will babysit while I go to school and do some things that I cannot do (or have access to) in the evenings.

Guess what Cody and Carleigh has learned to do? WELL, they can roll down the windows in the van and stick their hands out. And Carleigh threw her flip flop out and we had to pull over and retrieve it. Suffice to say that we are using childlock now on the windows...what a lovely invention!

No comments: