Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My classroom and an update on me




Today was such a BETTER day!! Whew! Last night, I was absolutely, positively, EXHAUSTED and just plain 'ole worn out! My class was squirrely yesterday and no one had a problem with just talking whenever and to whoever they wanted to!

Today, they came in calm, less rowdy and ready to get to work. I always forget how "first graderish" they are at the beginning and I am constantly reminding myself to slow down for them and to give them baby directions. I think I could enjoy this class because they are excited about learning and that is such a blessing! The only bad thing is the heat wave we are having. Wouldn't you know it that the week before school started, we had a wonderful week of no humidity and cool temps. Now that school is back in session, it is in the upper 80s all week! I am VERY thankful that each classroom has their own a/c unit!! Wooohoo!!

Ok, I think I can do this for another year!!

Cody and Carleigh are so excited to start preschool. Unfortunately, their school doesn't start until the day after Labor Day. We have backpacks ready and I plan on doing some shoe shopping and clothes shopping this weekend.

No comments: