Sunday, August 03, 2008

Poor Cody!

We were at the beginning of the church service this morning, when one of the toddler workers came to get me. Apparently, Cody was climbing on a soft climbing block when he slipped and hit his mouth on the edge of the window ledge. He was gushing blood from his mouth! So, I try to put pressure on his upper gums but he was fighting me. He was so scared, in pain and thought we were hurting him! My poor little guy! The blood went everywhere--on my blouse, his shorts, Matt's shirt.

I finally decided to put him in a choker hold and held his head so firmly that he could not go anywhere. I applied pressure while he was crying and that helped it to stop. They allowed Cody to play in the nursery with the little ones so that he would calm down and it is his favorite place to go because all of the baby and fun toys are in there.

I finally got a look at it and he has cut and bruised about 2 inches of upper gums above his front teeth. He hit his mouth again tonight at church and it bled a little but nothing like this morning. We plan on giving him Tylenol before bed for the pain.
We are banning him from wearing sandals because he cannot walk that well while wearing them. Back to regular shoes even in the 90 degree weather!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Oh, poor baby! That had to smart. Were they open toe sandals? My kids haven't been very coordinated in the toddler/preschooler stages (Olivia's lowest SERRC test score was in gross motor). Sandals were a guarenteed boo-boo. However, closed toe were a much safer option. Not as safe as tennis shoes, but MUCH better than open toe sandals. And flip flops? FORGET IT! :O
Blessings,
~Toni~