Sunday, August 24, 2008

Interesting Weekend!

Normally our weekends are not so exciting, but this weekend was very fun! Friday evening was very typical which is our grocery shopping night *yawn.*

Saturday was very busy. Matt had a Men's breakfast at church. Then, we went shoe shopping at Target. We found a really cute pink and white pair that had Dora & Boots for Carleigh. For Cody, we found silver and navy blue. Both pairs do not have shoelaces, but the elastic, stretchy strings with a small velcro strap at the top. Shoelaces are not a good thing for preschoolers!!

While the kiddos napped, I went shopping with my sister. We hit Goodwill before going to T.J. Maxx. Cody and Carleigh have 3 new outfits thanks to Aunt Connie and I bought a few new but old clothes for them also. Next weekend, I plan on buying a couple of outfits a piece for each. I then went grocery shopping with Connie. Then, we both decided to go to a movie we have been wanting to see for quite awhile. I talked it over with Matt and since he was too glued to the tv for a preseason Bengals game, I got to spend a night out with my sis and her friend.

We ate at O'Charleys before seeing "Mamma Mia." It was HILARIOUS!! It is definitely a girly musical that Matt would have been bored so I am glad that I went with women!! I will definitely watch it again.

After church today, Matt and I met our friends Shannon and Niki for 3 rounds of bowling. (I haven't been bowling in over 5 years!!) My scores were 75, 71, 79 which isn't bad for me and I came in second place 2 out of 3 games. We definitely decided to do that again because we had a blast! Afterwards, we got ice cream at "The Dip." Matt loved the sugar-free vanilla there. Matt's parents babysat for us while the kids napped.

Bowling and movies in one weekend! Wow! That doesn't hardly ever happen. Ahh, the life of preschool parents!! I haven't been to a movie in ages other than the "Chipmunks" movie in March but who is counting that??!! Matt and I have decided to do something together without children more...at least once a month!!

Oh, Shannon & Niki: Cody and Carleigh LOVE the bears and cheetah and elephant you bought them!! They have been hugging and kissing them ever since we gave it to them!!!

No comments: