Saturday, September 06, 2008

River Days

After a brief trip shopping and a short nap, we went to River Days in Hamilton with my sister and E. My brother-in-law's blue grass band was playing there so we watched them play and then walked around.

The highlight was watching the kids play on the inflatables. I was very impressed that Carleigh climbed a REALLY steep inflatable and went down the steep slide. Her little face was filled with HORROR the first time though! And the funny thing is that her dress would flare up like Marilyn Monroe's!! He He He! I really didn't plan on inflatables being there and would've planned accordingly!! One little climber was challenging for Cody due to his low muscle tone and poor upper body strength. E helped him up and the joy on his face when he went down was priceless!! My sis took pictures because I left my camera in the van...dumb, dumb, dumb!! So hopefully I will post them when she sends them to me. The obstacle course inflatable was so much fun and it was a challenge getting Cody out as well as the dinosaur bouncy house/slide.

We were walking by a Native American/Civil War demonstration and at the exact moment of walking by it, they shot off an old cannon and scared us out of our wits!!! Carleigh is very sensitive to sounds so it sent her into a talespin for a few minutes!!

We ran into a ton of people we knew and didn't get back until after it closed. It was a fun time and we are all tired!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Sounds like great fun (minus the cannon blast, lol). And the Marilyn Monroe comment cracked me up.
Blessings,
~Toni~