Thursday, September 25, 2008

Costumes

I have decided this year to make Cody and Carleigh's Halloween costumes. I found a really easy idea from a family magazine for Carleigh. She will be a pink poodle. It's really simple and much cheaper than buying a costume. Cody will either be a football player, scarecrow, or cowboy. I am trying to be more frugal and since Halloween is so close to Christmas, I can help the Christmas budget by making the costumes at a fraction of the price.

Also, I can hardly rationalize spending $60 on costumes that they will only wear one night. I always have to pick the costumes carefully as Cody will not tolerate a hood or hat or any kind of mask on his face. The only thing I can do is use face paint on the little guy. Too much stuff on the costume gets his sensory issues out of wack.

I am excited about doing this and it will get my creative juices flowing. With creating their costumes and working on their new bedroom layout and decorations, I am getting more motivated to change areas in our house.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Good for you! We usually make ours or buy them as we find them at Goodwill. Can't justify big bucks for one night.
Blessings,
~Toni~