Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Playing together

Last night, right before bedtime, Cody and Carleigh were pretending. This is a new thing for Cody to have developed! Each had a blanket and were putting it over their head as "tents" then the blankets became "coats" or robes for the king or queen. I tied Cody's like a cape and I said "I will tie your coat." When the coat became untied, he came over and said "tie the coat!" Earlier in the evening, he saw his uncle Jerry riding a 4-wheeler up the street (my sis lives on the same street) and he waves out the window and says "Bye bye Jerry!" I get so proud of my little guy when he continues to improve his speech.

I LOVE watching C and C play together. It doesn't matter to them that Cody cannot talk well, they just play together and laugh and laugh. It makes a mommy heart so happy! Of course, 5 minutes later, Carleigh is hitting or taking his toy away!!

We also try to give them one-on-one attention. Carleigh LOVES to be alone with me and we color and cut and play with stickers. Cody loves to look at books with me and loves to be tickled by Matt. Carleigh enjoys when Matt chases her around.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Love the new look, Jen. I love not only the colors but the virtual textures as well. Great job! Sounds like the plans to put the kids in one room and reclaim some needed space is a practical one. I would do the same.
Blessings,
~Toni~