Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back to Normal!

Everyone went back to work or school today! My school almost closed because as of after 9pm last night, the elementary did not have power. They decided to wait until 5am to make the call. Some big prayers must have happened overnight because the power was back on in the morning and we had school. I felt so sorry for 3 teachers who still did not have power and had to come into work. There were 2 of my students who still did not have power. Some of my students did not lose any power or the power was quickly restored. It is so weird and strange to hear of all the different accounts of the blackout. Of course I let the class share one story each and after that, things calmed down and it was school business as usual.

Cody and Carleigh went to preschool and it was their only day this week because preschool is Monday - Thursday. Cody came home with "homework" to do this weekend. Cody and I are going to do this together on Saturday and I will post a pic of us doing the work together and the finished product.

It felt good to take a hot shower this morning and dry my hair with a dryer. My hair never felt so clean and straight! (I haven't used a dryer since Sunday morning!) I also arrived at work 10 minutes early and set to working on my classroom. Ahhhh....life is good!

No comments: