Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Absolutely unreal!

Yep, it is noon on day 4 of the Big Blackout and we still do not have power. At this point, it is ridiculous! Everyone I know has their power except for our neighborhood which includes my parent's home. We are starting to get into survival mode here. Wondering what we will do for each meal. If the power doesn't come on soon, we will have to go to a laundrymat and I absolutely DETEST them with a passion!

I would rather be teaching and enjoying electricty than to stay at home with two very bored preschoolers. Our refrigerator feels like an oven. No coolness.

We are beyond upset and livid at this point. We have seen a dozen Duke Energy trucks here and haven't seen any fruits of their labor. What is going on? Dare I even hope we will have power today? I think a root canal without novacaine would be less painful!

No comments: