Wednesday, September 03, 2008

It never fails...

When it is 90s+ degrees outside, I have recess duty! Ick! The past two days on the blacktop and grass has been unbearable! My students and I have been coming back hot, sweaty, thirsty and DRAINED! I am normally not a skirt gal, but this week I am wearing the coolest yet dressy outfits for this dreaded duty. Today, we came in filled water bottles and rested a few minutes before focusing on English, Math and Science. It is supposed to get cooler this weekend of course AFTER my week of lunch recess duty. *sigh*

Cody and Carleigh have been all smiles when coming off the bus the past two days. Carleigh fell asleep on the bus ride home since she was on it for about an hour! Mom calls me while I am recess duty and said that the bus hadn't arrived. It was 12:45 p.m. before they were home today and they get on the bus at 11:45 a.m. I am so glad that they LIKE riding the bus and they sit together! How sweet is that???!!

Cody got a haircut last night after I took Back to School pics. I should have a pic of him posted sometime this weekend. (Thursdays are absolutely crazy-busy for me as I have to lesson plan, have all papers graded and posted online for the week as well as generating a weekly newsletter. Fridays are busy as I try to get everything finished so that I do not take work home to do.)

4 comments:

Toni said...

Thursdays are absolutely crazy-busy for me as I have to lesson plan, have all papers graded and posted online for the week as well as generating a weekly newsletter. Fridays are busy as I try to get everything finished so that I do not take work home to do.

Oh, Jen! I feel for you, sister. I sometimes feel exhausted just planning and grading for a 4th grader and two 1st graders. I'm truly in awe of teachers who take entire classrooms of students, and in their complete commitment to helping them succeed. You're truly a blessing to your students in ways that many parents probably don't even realize. And how sweet is it that Carleigh zonked out on the bus? For sweet!
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Thanks Toni!! I think I am getting more accomplished because I bought a laptop and I bring it to school and home so I am cutting down saving it and sending it to the next computer. Now if only papers could be automatically GRADED...life would be good!

Cody fell asleep on the busy today my mom reported. That surpises me because he sits with his sister and Carleigh usually talks his arm off!

Jen Stevens said...

Jen, it's Saturday, where oh where are pictures of my buddy's haircut??

A Family Created By God said...

Sorry Jen! I will post one! I promise!!