Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike and Gas Hike

I didn't think that Hurrican Ike would affect us in any way, WELL, the Kentuckians are rationing gas and hiking the gas to almost $5 a gallon. My aunt went to fuel up today and they would only allow residents to get 10 gallons. Well, normally, we do not get that much anyway. Why would this affect us you ask?

We are leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for London, KY. My dad's family is having their annual family reunion in Manchester tomorrow. I haven't been to the reunion since Cody was a baby (4 years ago) and my mom really wants us to go. SO... mom and dad are riding down with us and we will split the gas. We plan on fueling up here in Ohio where the gas isn't that ridiculous yet, and then not get a lot while we are down there. It's a 3 hour drive to London then at least another 35 minutes to Manchester, specifically Redbird. Matt is amazed at all the strange names down there like Big Creek, Hacker's Fork, Bear Creek (but pronounced BAR Creek), and Papaw (where my grandparents used to live).

I am concerned for all of those in Texas, don't get me wrong. I am definitely praying for them and praying that all are safe and sound and that Ike slows down. I just am totally annoyed that KY is taking it to extreme and hiking up the gas. Grrrrrrr!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

I heard it on the news today. Sheesh! And the gas hikes are extra scary for our family because they are so very, very devestating on the financial stability of the airline industry in which my dh is employed. :(

Have a good time in spite of it though. Family is so very precious and opportunities to get everyone together so rare.

Btw, Carl's mom was from WV and there are some strange names there as well; Jane Lew, Lost Creek (did anyone ever find it?), Odd (yes, Odd), Bald Knob (ROFL), Heaters, Paw Paw, Strange Creek (yep, relatives in that one).
Blessings,
~Toni~