Sunday, May 17, 2009

The rest of the weekend

Saturday morning was rough, but it has gone by rather smoothly. Matt worked from 6am to 6:30pm last night. Memaw and Papaw Schmidt came over in the evening and I helped him book their flight to PA in late June. It's funny because we will be in Michigan the same week they will be in PA!

When Matt arrived home around 7, all of us went out to dinner and the kids ate very well. I hardly give snacks and when you do not give the kids alot of snacks, they eat their meals well. Cody scarfed down his fruit (fruit lover) and lately, he has been eating tomatoes. He is a veggie lover too and loves cooked carrots, broccoli, green beans, and corn. He will eat okra too whenever someone cooks it (not me!). He would fit in well with southern-style cooking family. When I was young, my mom used to have fresh tomatoes, green onions and cornbread at every supper. Cody would fit in so well with country cookin'.

Yesterday, I cleaned up Cody's room and raided the closet. It is amazing how quickly toys and clothing accumulate in a year! I had 2 yard sales LAST year and now I have a boat load of kids' clothing that I am putting into the yard sale this year. Whatever doesn't sell will be given to friends and charity.

It feels SO GOOD to purge. I have two more closets to raid, storage shed, and tackle the laundry room piles and I will have another large stash for our yard sales. My co-worker is coming and selling some of her wares. She is alot like me, she loves to purge and it feels great to have less clutter and boxes stacked up in our closets or shed. My sister is also having a yard sale and we plan on advertising in the newspaper. All of our profits will go toward our Michigan adventure.

Matt will be making a nice bonus for working 12 hour shifts this weekend which will really help out with our Gatlinburg weekend fund. Matt's sister is getting married and we will be in Gatlinburg for 2 nights, 3 days. We are really trying hard to fund both trips without dipping into our monthly income/budget. With yard sales and Matt's extra hours, we think we will make our goal! It has been incredibly lonely and quiet this weekend. All of my family is in Illinois and our little dead end street has been quite.

Just a few more hours of dog-sitting and waiting for Matt to come home and this weekend will be over!

No comments: