Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just two more weeks....

There are 10.5 more school days left! Awwwww! My school's last day is June 4th with dismissal at noon. My last day is June 5th. It is amazing how fast the school year went by! It seems like yesterday when I was setting up my classroom for my new class. It has been an interesting year indeed.

I love to teach, but I also enjoy relaxing at home and playing with my children. We are so excited to be going on two trips this summer and are anxiously awaiting that time.

I am trying to get all the grading done and starting to work on end of the year stuff for school as well as trying to get all the yard sale stuff ready. I have quite alot so far enough though I have alot more hiding places to check!

I cannot wait to step onto Lake Michigan's beaches and hear the lap of the water!! Awwww!

3 comments:

Toni said...

We are done tomorrow, though formally I have to log two more weeks of school for the state. It will be a more relaxed, student interest-driven two weeks. We'll be stocking up our reading time with books of their choosing (as opposed to me stocking the shelf with books that enhance our history, science, or bible lessons). We'll be making a grammar lapbook to refer to. We'll continue with math drills, games, and lessons. And I will be doing science every day for 2 weeks (with plenty of time to do the experiments and not feel rushed). But as far as a big ol' checklist for each student, I get to put that to rest after tomorrow. YAY!!! Our homeschool year end program is tonight. Olivia will recite Psalm 23. Cierah will recite the books of the OT and Reece will recite OT and NT. We had rehearsal this morning.
Btw, I miss Lake Erie sooo much, having lived only about 30 minutes from it in Ohio. :(
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

I hear ya! We are winding down this week with Social Studies and English. No more tests next week other than Spelling and Math! The following week is a special week with Pillow Reading Day, End of the Year Picnic, Field Day and then Thursday is the last day of school and we dismiss at noon and it is Awards Day. Next week is the last week of "structure!"

Then I am getting ready to work with Cody and Carleigh over the summer with phonics, reading and math sense.

Toni said...

So awesome that you get to focus on the two most precious "students" you know in just a few weeks. So glad it's all winding down for you too, Jen. Almost there!
Blessings,
~Toni~