Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Mother of the Year


Who me?! No way!!

I was TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY tonight to be honored as Mother of the Year at our church's Mother/Daughter Banquet.

If you really KNOW me, you know that I do not cry easily nor like being of the center of attention. Well, both things happened tonight. First of all, my mom and sister showed at my church banquet (they attend another church) so I thought, oh, wow, what a nice surprise that my mother in law decided to do. Then, when the Pastor's wife started to talk about the mother they were honoring this year, it all started to hit me and then I knew INSTANTLY why my family was there. My mom wrote about me and gave it to Darlene to read to all the ladies and daughter at the banquet. I was crying the whole time.

I am very honored to be Mother of the Year, but I am definitely not perfect. I try to be the best mom I can, but we all have our bad days. I am just thankful to BE a mom. I didn't know if I would ever be a mommy with 5 years of infertility before being blessed as Cody's and Carleigh's foster then to adoptive, forever mommy. When she read a poem/story about being a mom to a special-needs child, the waterworks came again. I just love my little CoCo so much and wouldn't change him for the world. And even though Carleigh tests my patience, I still love her to pieces.

And if anyone reading my blog is not a mother YET, I just want to let you know that I am praying for you and so understand what it is like to have empty arms. I am praying for all the moms-in-waiting this Mother's Day.

4 comments:

The Whole Daggone Parm Bunch said...

Congrats. Cody and Carleight are blessed with parents that love them. All children deserve that. Believe me I know.

The Whole Daggone Parm Bunch said...

Congrats. Cody and Carleigh are blessed with parents that love them. All children deserve that. Believe me I know.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Special blessings are what children are to us. When the little things we do for them gets us noticed, it makes us humble and thankful. If Cody and Carleigh could say it I know they would be very proud of you.

Toni said...

Well I am not surprised ONE little bit. Jen, your love for your two children is SOOOOO obvious. It comes through in every good AND every trying moment. You're genuine and you're passionate about those two kids. I love reading about them through your eyes and I *know* how very, VERY blessed they are to have you as their forever mommy. CONGRATULATIONS, friend. This is an honor well deserved.
Blessings,
~Toni~
p.s. I don't cry easily either so we have that in common. ;)