Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Quite a morning!

Boy I had a scare this morning! Well, in the middle of the night, Matt was up with the chills. Oh no, I thought and then went back to sleep. We got up and Matt was taking a shower when I heard this loud bang. I go to the bathroom to see what was the matter and he had passed out. He was talking and came to. So I left him alone again and then he passes out again! This time I tell him to get out and I turned the water off. He sat in the bathroom for awhile and started vomiting! We think he caught the stomach virus from work or I brought the virus home somehow because one of my students is out with the same thing today. Ick! That was such a scare!!

I hope he gets over this quickly because he has Diabetes and cannot go too long without eating. I am calling and checking on him during my breaks. My mom took care of the kids and they stayed in the back part of the house away from him. We hope none of us catch it. Yikes!! What a way to start your morning!

4 comments:

Toni said...

Oh my! Has he ever done this before? (passing out) That's concerning. Does his Diabetes tend to complicate otherwise "normal" viral illnesses to this extent? Did he check his sugar at that time? Sounds like some of my patients' hypoglycemic episodes. Hope all is well today.
blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

I thought it was a complication as well, but he thinks it was just a bad strain of the stomach bug. He normally doesn't pass out when his sugar is low or high, he just gets a blah feeling. He is doing better today. Hopefully the rest of us don't get it!

Toni said...

Checking in on Matt. Please tell him I'm glad he's doing okay. Sure hope he's feeling back up to par very soon.
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Thanks Toni! He is doing MUCH better and went back to work. Yay! This stomach bug has hit our school really heard. Kids are dropping like flies. Hopefully my strong immune system (built up over the years) will keep me from getting it!