Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mischievous Antics

This blog entry will be dedicated to the cute, yet trying antics my two have been doing this past week:

Sunday, I stayed home from church with Carleigh since she had an ear infection. She came into the kitchen at almost noon and told me "I want Mac-n-cheese." So I fixed it, she clapped her hands and ate almost the whole cup! This was her real first food she has had since Tuesday of last week.

She took a nap that same day and I wanted to feel her forehead and she said, "Go away!" and then turned over so that I could not touch her. Oh my!

Today, she said "Don't do that Cody! Stop that Cody! Cody, come on!" She is such a little miss boss for sure.

Cody was in his booster seat at the kitchen table finishing his dinner. Carleigh came into the kitchen and Cody said "Sissy!" then he pointed to the back family room and then said "Piano!" "Sissy, piano!" Meaning, Sissy go into the back family room and bring my piano to me. I gave her permission since he was finished and he squealed with delight. I think he is finally accepting that if he talks to us, he will get what he wants (most of the time).

On Christmas day, my sister was in the bathroom. Cody goes to the door and says "Open THIS door!" Connie thought it was so cute! She also came over the other day and Cody goes up to her and says "Hi, Connie!"

Yesterday, I went into the kitchen to make lunch. Well, all of a sudden I heard crunching noises. I go into the family room and Cody and Carleigh are sitting on the floor with a bag of chips they found in Cody's backpack (I keep snacks in their for dr's appts or when we are out and about.) Crumbs were everywhere but it was so cute to see them eat!

Today, Carleigh was hitting Cody in the head and got smacked back with his Mickey doll and her nose started to bleed. It finally stopped, but oh, the antics of preschoolers!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

LOL! I sooo love the early years of discovery, literal and magical thinking, and speaking what is on the mind. These were hilarious, Jen. TFS.
Blessings,
~Toni~