Saturday, November 08, 2008

Starting Christmas shopping

We are officially thinking about Christmas shopping! Last night, Cody, Carleigh, and I shopped a few stores online looking at toys. This is so less stressful than taking them to stores and picking out toys to look at. She would LOVE the Furreal big golden retriever dog but who can rationalize paying $158 for a stuffed animal??? She saw another Furreal white cat for under $50 so I am happy with that! There were also a couple more animals that I am going to suggest to family members for her. She is in the stage now where she can play with non-toddler toys!! Woohoo! I am also going to buy a couple of together gifts as they play with each others toys anyway. I am thinking of getting them a toy that video tapes them and projects the image of them dancing on the tv screen. They would really like looking at themselves and dancing is one of their favorite things.

For Cody, we are looking into buying a new piano. We had to take away his older pianos as they don't work well and it gets him very angry which makes his whole attitude awful for a few hours or for the rest of the day. *sigh* I am looking carefully for just the right one, plus one that he could learn a few keys as I am thinking of having him take piano lessons in a year or so. We are also getting him a helmet that makes sounds and comes with a steering wheel. He loves to put things over his head anyway, so I figure he would like that. I know they have a policeman, but I am thinking Cody would like a fireman helmet better.

We took them to Walmart last night for grocery shopping and we went to the Christmas decorations section. Carleigh just LOVED looking at the lit and decorated Christmas trees. She said "Oh look Mommy!" "Can I pick one?" meaning she wanted one of the ornaments off the tree. I told her that the ornaments had to stay on the tree. (In the back of my mind, I am thinking, oh, our poor Christmas tree will be abused again if she is THIS fascinated with ornaments.)

Here's a funny: Now that the inflatable ghost is gone out of mom's neighbor's house, they replaced it with a huge inflatable turkey. Well, I tell Carleigh, look at the turkey and say GOBBLE GOBBLE. Instead, she says "Look! It's a chicken!!" Silly girl!!

No comments: