Saturday, November 08, 2008

Our day

The morning started off on the wrong foot, but got better in the evening. Matt and I awoke to Cody crying at 5am. So we get up and yep, Cody had another fever. Poor thing! We gave him Tylenol and he and Matt rested on the couch. I went back to bed. He woke up crying again sometime later and then we all slept in until around 9am. Cody had a little bit of energy for a few hours but wouldn't eat anything and then the fever hit again and he was lifeless on the couch. He slept most of the afternoon. We were for certain we were going to have to miss the Hoot-n-Nanny, but my mom and dad offered to watch him while we went with Carleigh.

The Hoot-n-Nanny (aka Cowboy get-together) was held at our Sunday School teacher's ranch. They have quite the ranch with a really nice clubhouse that had a great kitchen and dining room. The tables and DJ were set up in their indoor corral in their HUMONGOUS barn. They board horses...alot of them! There was one really cute and friendly horse that wanted me to pet and love on him and guess who owned him? Some lady whose has the same first and LAST name as I!! Weird!! It's was funny because when I saw my name on it, I was like, oh, I own a horse now??

We had dinner, and they had a raffle, Carleigh got her face painted with flowers. There was a corn hole set and a ping pong table set up in the corral as well. Carleigh made a craft and played with a pumpkin game. The music was really great and they had a wonderful DJ. Everyone had a great time and Carleigh played with her friend Paige from church.

When we picked up Cody, he was waking up. He slept almost the whole time at my parent's home. After we got back, he became full of energy and so I think we may be on the tailend of this sickness!! Yay!!

No comments: