Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas shopping

Bilibo Toy that we are getting Cody and Carleigh:


I went Christmas shopping Saturday evening for Cody and Carleigh. We are 1/3 of the way done for them. For Carleigh, I bought the Furreal White cat (which meowed as I was trying to get it into the safe place), pjs, warm fuzzy flip flop slippers and a Disney princess ball hopper (you inflate it in the shape of a big ball and you sit and bounce on it). For Cody, I found a 3-drum set with a stool, foot petals drumsticks (I know I will be regretting this later) and pajamas. Cody is VERY hard to buy for as he is not interested in typical boy toys like cars or trains or action figures. I asked him what he wants Santa to bring and he said "piano." I will have to make sure that Santa brings Cody his only item that he really wants. I am thinking this Christmas will be VERY musical as with a drum set, piano and possibly a guitar from his paternal grandparents, Cody can have his own band!! I also plan on buying them each a Bilibo Swedish toy each. I have heard it is great for children with sensory issues so both will be getting it and it is a great indoor toy that children can rock in and spin as well. Carleigh is getting a train set as well. I am much more organized this year and trying to do a little bit a shopping every 2 weeks as it is quite hard on the wallet to do it all at one time!

3 comments:

Toni said...

We're trying to spread the shopping out as well. And Cody reminds me of Reece. He plays with cars, but they're not his favorite (and he could care less about action figure toys). His absolute faves are his marbles and his Webkinz cow (and time spent on the Webkinz site). He also loves his music tapes and will turn them on while he plays marbles for an hour at a time.
Blessings,
~Toni~
p.s. the moms and kids playground at Funbrain is a good place to let little ones gain the most basic computer skills. I'll include the link for you to check out if you've not seen it before.
http://www.funbrain.com/brain/SweepsBrain/sweepsbrain.html

A Family Created By God said...

Thanks for the link Toni! I used to use FunBrain with my class but have forgotten about it. I will have to let the kids visit it soon. Cody is so into computers these days especially if he gets a glimpse of a piano!

The Whole Daggone Parm Bunch said...

Bilibo looks like a bedpan. Be very careful.HA!!!!!!