Friday, November 28, 2008

Deals!

Let me preface this post to say that I could not for the life of me fall asleep last night so I am running on zero sleep. If this blog is unclear, it is due to the lack of sleep. Here is the rundown of the morning:

My mom, sister and I leave my sister's house at 4:30am. We arrive 5 minutes later at Walmart. My sister gets the last shopping cart (a hint of something bad to come!) and we had to share the cart amongst the three of us. We head toward the electronics where you could hear a ROAR. People are shouting and hollering! Apparently someone opened up the Wii shipment and people were greedily picking those puppies up at $250 a box. I happen to get my prize early Christmas gift, a new camera with 10.3 megapixels with a great memory stick. Someone put one down and I snatched it up! My first good thing that happened.

Well, my sister wanted to get Carleigh a Leapster (well she wanted to get both Cody and Carleigh one) so when we got to them, they were sold out much to her disappointment. I was talking to another shopper when I commented how disappointed I was to find no Leapsters available. Out of nowhere a lady (angel in disguise) said "Here!" and gives me a pink Leapster! Wooohoo! I hold it up in the air to show my sis who was about 10 feet down the aisle. She jumps up and down! She didn't get a Nintendo DS or the Wii as they sold like hotcakes. We got in line and had to wait, get this, 2 HOURS to check out! I have never waited that long to check out ANYWHERE and will not EVER do that again! We got to know the people around us very well. And I got a pair of special pjs for Cody because someone decided not to get them for their child. We did get Cody's piano and it will just make his Christmas for sure. I bought nice, big bath towels for $1.50 each which was an awesome deal! All in all, we did well and I bought Carleigh's Christmas dress at another store for $11.99!!! Wooohoo! Now I have to get out later and find a Christmas sweater for Cody. (I plan on taking their picture for the Christmas card this weekend so I can order and get them back ASAP.) The pic will be so much nicer on my new camera. Yay!

Now I am just sitting and am surprised that I am still functioning on no sleep. I just need some caffeine and I will be good to go for the rest of the day. I am hoping Matt comes home early. *sigh* What a morning of madness!!!!

2 comments:

Toni said...

I am sitting here with my jaw hanging. Oh! My! Goodness! I had no idea it gets this crazy. I can't wait 'till Carl comes home so I can read your post to him. He'll find it funny in one way and, like me, shocking in another. I can just see those people fighting over the shipment.

I'm so glad you did get some of the important things from your list, especially the piano. And how nice that someone gave you the Leapster as well. I'm not sure I'll ever brave it after this (well, if I didn't have to take kids and could be very leisurely in my attitude, I still might.)
Thanks for this post. It made me giggle and hold my breath all at the same time. ;)
Blessings,
~Toni~
p.s. did you take a nap? Go back out shopping?

A Family Created By God said...

I could not fall back to sleep and surprising feel ok. I think just closing my eyes and resting with Carleigh made me feel better. I haven't gone shopping yet. I am waiting until Matt gets home so I can go out again with my sister. I have never ever ever waited in a long line like that! Crazy!