Saturday, January 10, 2009

Party Preparations

I love having parties for my little blessings, but it takes a LOT of work! The past few years we have been having them at restaurants that have party rooms and it worked okay until last year. I decided to have them at home from now on due to reorganizing and if we are all a little cramped, oh well!

Last night, I cleaned thecarpets in the front playroom, hallway, my bedroom, the family room, hallway, and Cody's bedroom. Then I went over it again this morning. My mom came over and we cleaned the kitchen and we are getting new curtains for my back family room as well as a few other new things. The house will be spiffy for the party!!

Cody and Carleigh have been curious about all the heavy cleaning especially the carpet cleaner machine. Carleigh of course was TERRIFIED of it and would hide under the sofa table or sit in Matt's lap. Cody who has no fear was more curious.

Now, I am getting ready to make a meal for a family who just had a baby in our Sunday School class and we will have the same thing for dinner...baked spaghetti....yum!

I have a few more things that I will do, put I plan on spacing out this whole week. I am so glad I have planned ahead to get the big things taken care of this weekend. Now, on to planning the design of his special birthday cake! (Birthday preparations are NEVER ending!)

2 comments:

Toni said...

Sounds busy and yet fun in a rewarding kind of way. I know y'all are going to have a blast.
I like to do a pasta meal for church family as well. I have a baked penne pasta recipe that's super easy. I always make two pans and freeze one so it's available should I need it for church. I'm making MOUNDS AND MOUNDS of bark tonight for a women's free event at our church on Monday night. I'll make coconut, peanut and peppermint varieties. Have you ever had bark? It's soooo good, so easy and SOOO unhealthy, lol.
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

I have heard of bark but have never had it before. It sounds good! Spaghetti was a big hit tonight as Carleigh referred to it as "paghetti!"