Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Getting Ready to Party!

This weekend, we will be getting ready for Cody's Mickey Mouse birthday party. I'll mostly be cleaning and cleaning the carpet (fun fun fun!) as well as shop for party supplies and decorations. Cody is so excited that his birthday is coming up and we practice singing "Happy Birthday." Today, he sang "Happy Birthday Mommy" ummmm Cody, my birthday was back in September silly boy!

I found the perfect birthday gift for my little guy as well as a few other gifts. One gift is that I found a Mickey Mouse pillow sham kit and I am making it and buying a pillow to put inside. He LOVES anything with Mickey so I know that will be a hit!

For those of you coming to his party, just a reminder that it is Saturday, January 17th at 5:30p.m. For ideas, anything Mickey Mouse is a hit (he will be wearing his Mickey pjs the night before and another pair the night after his party). He also loves SpongeBob (insert huge *SIGH*).

School is going well and I cannot wait for my Smartboard to be put together and brought down to my room. I already have the a/v cart where the projector and laptop will be placed on and I re-arranged my room a little today in preparation for it to come. I hope it comes soon because I already have a few lesson ideas that would be perfect IF we are still studying the planets when it arrives. I promise to take pics of the smartboard for those of you who haven't seen them. I cannot take pics of my students so I will probably be demonstrating it in the pics. My teacher creative juices are already flowing with how it will change the learning curve in my classroom. This will really get all those visual and kinesthic learners a run for their money!! (I am such a HUGE visual learner myself!)

Okay, I digressed from the main idea of this post. Sorry!

1 comment:

Toni said...

No, no, no! He's not going to be FIVE. He CAN'T (as in, he's not allowed). Jen, can you even believe it? I can't and I'm not even his momma. Sigh. It just FLIES by. The plans sound just lovely though. I hope you all have a wonderful birthday and I'll look forward to seeing the pictures.
Blessings,
~Toni~